Changes, changes, changes. Internal and external ones. Sometimes there's so many, I can't keep up and hold them. And maybe I don't need to. Our minds are limited. But I do have this need for safety and security, in the midst of this crazy and uncertain world.
I crave a compass that guides me towards north in the midst of the storm. I desire a stable sailing boat with a crew I can count on. A crew that is on the same mission, that dreams of a beautiful far-away destination, yet is present in the here and now.
I can't control how long the journey takes. I can't influence what happens and how rough the ride is.
What gives me comfort, calm, energy and direction these days are:
- My core values, joy, growth and connection, who guide me towards my true north and help me decide and make adjustments to the course
- My routines, like getting up at the same time each morning and taking the first hour for myself, for meditating, journaling and moving
- My purpose that helps me get out of bed in the morning, excited for the day to start
- My talents that I've been given and who bring me into flow, make me forget time and bring me (and hopefully others) joy
- In the external world: meaningful relationships with friends and family and places, like home, "my" forrest and #minervalounge
What helps you to stay calm and hopeful in the midst of the storm?
Happy weekend, wishing you smooth and fun sailing!