With the pace arthritis is expanding, approximately 78 million of US adults will be engulfed by arthritis by 2040.
Have your joints started to feel hot when touched? Do they swell or pain? Are you not able to bend or move like you used to earlier? Has morning stiffness started to affect you? If so, get yourself diagnosed for arthritis, as leaving it unattended can cause other health troubles like heart diseases, diabetes, obesity and more.
Arthritis, a severe joint condition inhibits the sufferer from doing the everyday activities the usual and swift way. Even upon taking the medications regularly and indulging in the preventative measures, keeping away from pain and inflammation isn’t easy. Does that mean there’s no relief possible? Fortunately, it is possible in the form of herbal remedies like turmeric root extract, eucalyptus, green tea and more.
Best part about herbal remedies is that they are affordable, easily available and do not cause any side-effect. Agree? Let’s take a look at some of the best natural remedies available.
1. Aloe Vera: Its gel has miraculous properties to provide a soothing affect to the painful joints. Another way to apply it is in the fresh form, extracted directly from the plant leaves. According to NCCIH, i.e. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, consuming Aloe Vera orally can lead to gastrointestinal side effects and may also reduce the blood sugar. However, no such complications are experienced through topical application.
2. Turmeric: Apart from having a crucial significance in cooking, turmeric has its place in curing health issues too, thanks to the amazing anti-inflammatory properties. Its active ingredient, curcumin, is the main ingredient used in the medicines. Compared to other herbs, turmeric works best in treating the joint pain.
3. Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus leaves, in their topical forms, are used to cure the arthritis pain. These leaves have tannins that are known to curb swelling and pain that’s caused by arthritis. To increase the effects of eucalyptus, heat pads can be used on the swollen and painful joints. However, to prevent allergies or any other form of skin reaction, a small quantity of the product should be applied on the forearm. No reaction in 24-48 hours means the product is safe to be used.
4. Ginger: It is a staple spice in the cooking cabinet. As much as it is beneficial there, it is equally useful as a potent medicinal herb too, since it has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger brings down the swelling of joints in patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. If we talk about the Chinese and folk medicines, they use ginger to improve the circulation of blood, which in turn heats and eventually heals the affected area. Last but not the least, the herb has proven its worth in treating every form of arthritis.
5. Green Tea: One of the most consumed and popular beverages, green tea is known to curb body’s inflammation. Used as tablets, beverages and tinctures, it is used to treat inflammation caused by arthritis. Studies have proved that green tea is very useful in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Though arthritis is a serious problem, timely diagnosis and treatment help in getting things under control. Following the right lifestyle along with a few exercises and proper remedies is the way to handle it and live a painless life.