loading words...

Jan 29, 2019 08:22:40

A short guide about USA immigration visas. Green Card: EB1, EB2, EB3, EB5 [3] (8/333)

by @monolesan | 358 words | 🐣 | 174πŸ’Œ

π•Ίπ–‘π–Šπ–˜π–žπ–† π•Ώπ–šπ–—π–™π–‘π–Šπ–˜

Current day streak: 0🐣
Total posts: 174πŸ’Œ
Total words: 43814 (175 pages πŸ“„)

If you want to move to the USA, you need to know about all immigration visas to find your way. Today I won't consider marriage and special (EB4, religious, nationals and etc.) visas.

EB means "Employment-Based". The numbers, in the end, are a priority. 

EB1 has three categories: EB1-1, EB1-2, EB1-3.
EB1-1 is for people with extraordinary ability. The requirements are the same as O1 (non-immigrant visa, I already wrote about it). 

EB1-2 is for scientists and professors. You need to have at least 2 years of work experience, be seeking for continuing your work in the US and meet at least 2 criteria of 6 (these criteria are about your professorial or scientific activity).

EB1-3 is for executives and managers of multinational corporations. You need to work in a multinational corporation and have U.S. employer. P.S There is no set of the minimum size of the corporation. 

EB2. The visa has three routes: an advanced degree (you have a master degree or a baccalaureate plus five years of work experience), exceptional ability (there is a list of 7 requirements, you need to meet at least 3 of requirements. The requirements are similar to EB1-1 and EB1-2), NIW (National Interest Waiver. It's like EB1 too). Non-immigrant analog is O1 and H1B (visa for workers, I already write about it).

EB3 is a visa for workers. The EB3 sets a lower standard than other Green Cards. This visa is for those who have an employer and a baccalaureate degree or work experience. EB3 has three routes: skilled workers (you have at least employed experience), professionals (you have a baccalaureate), and unskilled workers (you have less than 2 years of training for working). Non-immigrant analog is H1B.

EB5 is a visa for investors. You need at least $1 000 000 (to open a business) or at least $500 000 (to invest in a rural area or where is high unemployed rate) and create at least 10 full-time positions for U.S workers. Non-immigrant analogs are L1 (visa for people who wants open company branch) and E2 (it has the same requirements as EB5, it's good for people who don't want to immigrate). 


Thank you for reading!

  • 1

    @monolesan Interesting. This is one of those things I don't give much thought to, but there are millions of people in the world who dream of making their way to the US - and this is the only way.

    Gabriel Greco avatar Gabriel Greco | Jan 29, 2019 09:53:05
contact: email - twitter / Terms / Privacy