I have always wanted to go to a random concert and observe how people enjoy it. I was finally able to do that yesterday.
I found out about the band Magic City Hippies through the Hustle newsletter that I regularly read and their background seemed very unique. That is also when I noticed that they were going to perform in my city. I thought it would be cool to go see them live without really knowing their music. It ended up being a sold out show and the room was packed! So here are some observations from it:
- No matter what, you will bop to their music even if you don't know their lyrics.
- The age group for the band is a little bit older than I am used to so there were a lot more couples in the crowd.
- ~75% of the crowd had some sort of drink in their hands
- The band interacted with the audience just like any other show. In the beginning, they say the city name and thank the audience at the end (It would be cool to see a band where they interact with the audience more).
- Everyone was just having a really good time.
- People didn't leave then show even when they ended it. I personally think the show was a bit short(~1.5 hrs) and wanted it to be longer.
I am going to do more of these random shows this year. I liked being in a space where I was not only focusing on one thing (the band) but also observing random things.