- I like helping people.
- I want people to like me.
- I like the feeling when somebody needs my help.
- I don't want to miss out (FOMO).
- I'm curious and want to try out new things.
- I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
Steve Jobs captures this nicely:
People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.
There are just ... so ... many .... things ... that I want to know and learn!
If I keep jumping from one to another, I won't get very far in any area though.
That's why it's sometimes just better to keep my head down, stop looking around too much for new stuff, and focus intensely on what's already in front of me.