This is my first week into the online course, Write of Passage. It was quite fun to see a lot of familiar people know through Twitter and blogs in the class. I had already taken course Building A Second Brain, a couple of years ago from the course creator.
As part of the assignment in the week, I am warming up with drafting the 12-favorite problems exercise.
You have to keep a dozen of your favorite problems constantly present in your mind, although by and large, they will lay in a dormant state. Every time you hear or read a new trick or a new result, test it against each of your twelve problems to see whether it helps. Every once in a while there will be a hit, and people will say, 'How did he do it? He must be a genius! - Richard Feynman
This sounds like a simple exercise. In the end, it is very simple. It is a bit time consuming to collect yourselves and think what are all the key questions that matter for you at this point of time in your life.
Here are my 12 questions:
- How do I ask better questions (to customers, colleagues, family) to get the best answers?
- How to learn the core principles of any topic and develop intuition, to lead a good life and work better?
- How do I keep my flywheel (reading-> writing-> learning-> reading) run efficiently and consistently?
- How do I improve my writing skills?
- How can I be bold in marketing and distributing my ideas to a wider & right audience?
- How do I build products that customers love, make their lives better and run a sustainable business through that?
- How do I build a team of inspiring people with shared values and long term vision?
- How to improve my focus and mindfulness by calming my monkey mind?
- Do I listen to my body, brain and ego? How to keep them primed for peak performance?
- How can I be part of in the scene to improve my optionality, serendipity?
- What should I be mindful in inculcating curiosity and long-lasting values in my son?
- How can I bring joy and meaningfulness in the lives of people I love?
What are all the key questions/challenges that interest you at this point in your life?