As they say, all good things come to an end. I completed my work for my last client on 12/31/18 and have been on the "bench." It's been great having two weeks without a regular "job" dictating my schedule. I have been able to establish a morning routine, daily habits, and keep working on my goals for 2019.
I have a new assignment in sunny California starting tomorrow. I have worked with this client before, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. My challenge is to figure out how I "take the show on the road." One of my main goals for the upcoming week is figuring out how to maintain my daily habits while working onsite.
Here are the daily habits I intend to keep while on the road:
- Meditate for ten minutes every morning
- Update planner pages every day
- Gratitude journaling every day
- Write 200 words a day (and keep the streak alive, baby!)
- Get 8,000 steps per day (working my way up to 10,000)
- Bedtime ritual to maximize the potential for a great night of sleep
Yes, it is challenging to maintain daily habits when traveling. I'm not using that as an excuse. I'm holding myself accountable. I have seen the improvements in my life and productivity be practicing daily habits. I'm going to keep putting in the effort.