What's the ebook called?
Public Design FAQs, a complete field guide to the best practices, strategies, tactics, tips and hacks to using design approaches in the public sector.
What's this ebook about?
- Essentially a field guide, handbook, manual.
- For using design-driven (aka design thinking, human-centred design, service design) approaches in government and the public/social impact sector.
- Compiles FAQs about best practices, strategies, tactics, tips, tricks, shortcuts, hacks, tools.
- A channel for sharing hands-on, practitioner wisdom from experienced designers in the sector
Who is it for?
- For public sector managers/innovators pioneering use of design-driven approaches in government
- For non-designers who want to bring design-driven innovation into your organisation
- For design practitioners from other industries interested to learn more about how design is practised in government
- Maybe useful for junior designers starting out
- Not for (experienced) designers because FAQs will never capture sufficient nuance to your liking
Table of contents
- In gratitude to
- About this ebook
- Who is this ebook for
- How I'm writing this ebook
- Why I wrote this ebook
- Why should you listen to me anyway?
- Sections and chapters - work-in-progress. This are the broad sections where all the specific chapters and FAQs will be categorised under)
- Section 1: Setting up - How do I convince my organisation to get started?
- Section 2: Starting off - What do I need to start off? Who should I involve?
- Section 3: Sustaining on - How do I sustain design mindsets and practice in my organisation?
- Section 4: Scaling up - How do I change intra/inter-organisational culture and mindsets to adopt design?