I had the opportunity to be a judge at the NAIAS Mobility Technology Pitch Competition today, check out some mobility companies that are at forefront of their industry ready to make history and meet some cool people on the government side.
Some random things I heard or talked to people about:
- Volkswagen scandal turned out to be good for both the consumers and the company as well. With the billions that they need to spend, they are going to update and invest in new tech.
- Michigan currently has ~80K of jobs that they can't fill right now. Mostly in manufacturing but also in areas like nursing, coding, and accounting.
- More companies are piloting with startups to experiment and advance the field.
- Universities and schools are trying to find optimal ways to pilot with new tech from startups.
- We are not too far away from seeing drone deliveries and mini airplane rides.
- Sensors, sensors, and sensors. Too many to keep track but that is where the industry is right now. Perfecting the detection and response from it.
- 2023 is the year to look out for new tech implementing at large scale.
I walked away feeling like this is the greatest time to be alive.