I am proud of myself in doing so many things. I have a variety of interests. Few things that I was very happy in recent months were:
- 200WaD - Ability to maintain a streak for the past two months. I was able to write 200 words every day at some time and maintain the writing streak.
- Reading Books - It is my passion and I have a habit of reading the books at home. I had completed 50 books a year challenge a few years ago.
- Keto Diet and other bio-hacks - I claim to be a fitness enthusiast. I got a chance to explore the ketogenic diet and almost be a propagandist for the low-carb movement in my circle of friends and family.
But all of this comes at a cost. My wife is a dentist and we have a 6-yo son. We live with my mom and my dad in the beautiful South Indian city, Chennai.
- I can be a proud early morning person and pursue my Crossfit like workouts because my wife is at home:
- Waking my son, give him a bath, make breakfast for him, pack him lunch
- She also has to prepare food for her, get ready for her workout and take care of her venture in the afternoon.
- I can come from my workout, meditate and read books (or rush soon to the office an be a morning person there too) because of my dad:
- Takes care of dropping my son at the school and picking him up
- He does the grocery shopping and makes sure we all get fresh produce in the farmer's market.
- I get my share of time to focus on activities like 200WaD or tweetstorm because of my mom:
- Takes care of cooking for the family. Does the laundry every day (We do have a machine, but a family of five can generate a huge laundry debt in drying, folding and shelving)
- She also takes care of managing all things related to home, while also preparing for his Sanskrit exams and studies.
I have barely scratched the surface on the effort from everyone in our family. If not for such a fortunate and extremely reliable support system, I might not be able to chase my dreams of working for a startup (with no fixed schedules), pursuing my interests.
Behind every successful streak showcased, there hundreds of streaks running for many years without any highlight or showcase.